Sunday, August 29, 2010

Our humble abode...

Mommy desperately wants to see pictures of Jaya Sita and I's Vrindavana bat cave...so here's the behind-the-scenes. The format is messy but the first and third pictures are two scenes from a Vrindavana sunrise. Jaya Sita took these pictures on the roof of our building. The bottom picture shows our view of the temple- the three white spires piercing the purple sky. Once while chanting on the roof in the early morning, a bat the size of a seagull rammed right into her shoulder.



Above- Here's our snazzy modern kitchen. Notice the gas stove. All of you would be heartily impressed that I, the one who has been terrified of fire and gas since time immemorial, knows how to operate this stove. I even make boiled potatoes and ginger tea with it! Krishna is on the wall eating butter. That big water jug is what we use for our water supply every day. Whatever you do, just DON'T DRINK THE LEMONADE!!! ;)

Right: Can you see our rascal pet monkey?
I told Jaya Sita not to feed her capatis, but
she couldn't help herself with this cutie. After
this she stayed there making the loudest and
most annoyingly persistant "mew, mew"
noises, which I interpreted to mean "more,
more"for at least half and hour. I'm still
learning to forgive Jaya Sita. ;) Its hard to
deny she is actually pretty adorable, and so human in her manerisms. She even has perfect baby-sized fingernails.
This is our neon flourescent mosquito-net bat cave! Jaya Sita was hoisting her net up at night using her cello and a hanging computer cable as support. So classy, and effective! Mine is bright pink and hangs over my bed using old ropes and computer cables attached to four different spots all over the room. It drives me crazy all night because I get tangles up in my net, (it cost like 70 cents, so you know what you're getting). Anyhoo it's clearly better than malaria so bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment